The AnchorFast Retaining Wall System is composed of a precast AnchorFast Block, Foundation Footing. Plate (Base Plate), Facia Board and Top Cap. In addition to these precast components, AnchorFast also incorporates a system of Stainless-Steel Cable Tie Downs and Anchor Piles.
Together, this system provides anchorage to improve stability against bearing, overturning, sliding and global failure modes and provides ductility and over-strength to resist earthquake shaking. The AnchorFast System allow Engineers to reduce or eliminate geogrid, minimize excavation on site, make use of native backfill, maximize land use, minimize environmental impact, provide seismic performance, and save customers money on construction.
#1. A typical AnchorFast designed retaining wall showing top of wall showing front and rear anchor piles”.
#2. Completed AnchorFast wall with Facia Board and Top Cap. AnchorFast System Allows construction of retaining walls tighter to property lines.
#3. AnchorFast precast Block sitting on the Foundation Footing Plate.
#4. Drilling rear anchor piles through the Foundation Footing Plate.
#5. Stainless steel cables connected to the back of the 3rd & 5th column blocks to the Foundation Footing Plate.
#6. Leveling the crushed gravel base & laying the Foundation Footing Plates.
REVOLUTIONARY RETAINING WALL
The traditional segmental block retaining walls exceeding 10′ feet in height required the extensive use of soil replacement with geogrid reinforced imported granular backfill. In steep hillside areas, this can result in significant extra costs and potential excavation challenges. The inventors of The AnchorFast Retaining Wall System sought to develop a simple to design and construct retaining wall system that allowed for the construction of higher segmental block retaining walls in stiff soils without the need for extensive excavation to accommodate the geogrid reinforced imported backfill.
Visit our project gallery page to view a wide variety of AnchorFast installations.
AnchorFast is a patented retaining wall system that incorporates a tie-down system to provide anchorage to improve stability against bearing, overturning, sliding and global failure modes. This allows walls to go higher without geogrid. AnchorFast also provides ductility and over-strength to resist earthquake shaking. The tie downs comprise a system of easy to install corrosion protected cables and micro-piles. Full scale load tests prove that retaining walls up to 20 feet high (6.1 m) can be built without the need for geogrid, dead-men or tie-backs.
THE ANCHORFAST EDGE
Engineers and installers in North America are seeing the AnchorFast Edge:
- Minimizes excavation volume behind the wall, saving time and money while optimizing the environmental sustainability of the installed product
- Eliminates or reduces need for geogrid for retaining walls up to 20′ (6.1 m) high
- Reduction in imported retained backfill required, saving time and money
- Allows construction of retaining walls tighter to property lines in hillside areas
- AnchorFast allows civil consultants or subdivision developers to design without concern for geogrid interference with underground utilities
- Block size optimizes speed of construction and offers the easiest and fastest installation at a cost savings of 20-30%
- Simple construction process that can be taught quickly to competent construction personnel